Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Monday, September 5, 2011

The never ending Cheesecake

I have been meaning to make this Cheesecake for almost a month now, but have not had an 'excuse' - so when Greg randomly saw the picture and said YUM, I thought I would whip it up for Fathers Day.  I started preparing it around 9am, without really reading through the recipe, I thought it would be ready to take out with us at 11am.
Turns out it is a cooked cheesecake, which took ALOT longer than I had anticipated (lesson, read the recipe through til the end before you start, don't presume to know it all!)... end result being Cheescake has been cooling in fridge since Sunday night, and I'll be attempting to finish the final layer tonight for dessert (2 days later)Hmm.  Its actually not that hard, just wasn't what I was expecting... can't wait to taste it though, I have already eaten half of the caramel topping!  Watch this space....

No comments: