Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Strawberry French Toast

INGREDIENTS
2 thick slices white bread
2 tsp strawberry fruit spread
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4C milk
10g butter or margarine

METHOD
Spread one piece of bread with the strawberry fruit spread and top with the other piece of bread.  Whisk together the egg and milk in a shallow bowl.  Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture. Drain off any excess.
Melt the butter in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat.  Cook the bread for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.  Remove from heat and use a cookie cutter to cut French toast into shapes.

TIP 
For a healthier option use a high fibre white bread and no-sugar style jam.

ELLA-ometre  Its been a while since I made this one, but its on the menu again this weekend.  Previously Ella loved it but I find the less jam the better otherwise it gets too sweet.

ZACH-ometre  Jam and Bread, whats not to love?

Source:  Baby and Toddler by Jody Vassallo

No comments: