Welcome to Little Miss Cookalot

I love to cook and try new dishes, and more often than not I am asked for the recipe, so I decided to start Little Miss Cookalot as a way of sharing my successes, and failures in the kitchen. The recipes that you find on LMC are what you would find if you came to my house. As a mother of two, there is a focus on food for fussy eaters and you may also notice I like to bake... Most recipes here are amended from well known chefs/cookbook authors, and you will find the source at the bottom of each recipe unless its entirely my own creation. Check back regularly as I hope to add at least 2 new recipes every week.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Kids Quesadillas

INGREDIENTS
1T Annabels secret tomato sauce  (see my blog for recipe)
Courgette finely diced
Grated cheese
Sliced tomato
Shredded ham or  pre-cooked chicken
Any of your childs favourite meats or vegetables that are either pre-cooked or don't need much cooking
Flour tortillas

Sour cream, Guacamole and Salsa to serve  (my kids only like the sour cream)

METHOD
Turn fry pan on to heat.   Lay a flour tortilla on your chopping board.  Spread a thin layer of Annabels secret tomato sauce across the tortilla.  Sprinkle the courgette, and cheese.   Ella also has tomato on hers and sometimes some chicken.  Zach will eat ham or chicken on his.  Don't put too many fillings as it won't cook properly.  Place onto bottom of fry pan (no oil required) cover with another tortilla and place a saucepan on top to help weigh it down.  Carefully turn over once bottom has browned.  Once both sides are cooked, cheese should be melted.  Cut and serve.

TIP
Last week I had run out of the secret tomato sauce, but had some left over tomato and mascarpone pasta sauce, so I used that instead and had no complaints.

ELLA-ometre  One of her favourite dinners

ZACH-ometre  Zach gets very excited when he finds out he is having the 'triangles' for dinner!

No comments: